This blog represents my opinions and my opinions alone, and certainly doesn't represent the collective thoughts of any of the Boards or organizations that I serve on. Unfortunately I make all sorts of miistakes, I'm a picky eater, I can't sing and I just recently found out I have been spelling certain words in my vocabulary wrong my entire life. That being said, I still continue to muddle ever onward. Welcome.





Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wisconsin State Journal: New Statewide Tests To Be Based On National Standards

The WSJ printed an interesting article this morning about the WKCE that can be accessed here: share
Current WKCE results were released today and can be found linked to the same article.

3 comments:

  1. Oh good, more standards. That is just what we need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is. As anyone in education will tell you, the standards we have in WI are a joke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The joke is nationwide.

    No Child Left Behind says that schools have to show improvement on state standards, but doesn't really say what the standards are, or how to test for them.

    The solution states have found is to lower standards each year, so the number "meeting or exceeding state standards" increases each year.

    Wisconsin's standards are a little higher, but it's a bad system.

    ReplyDelete