This blog represents my opinions and my opinions alone, and certainly doesn't represent the collective thoughts of any of the Boards or organizations that I serve on. Unfortunately I make all sorts of miistakes, I'm a picky eater, I can't sing and I just recently found out I have been spelling certain words in my vocabulary wrong my entire life. That being said, I still continue to muddle ever onward. Welcome.





Thursday, February 17, 2011

Community Listening Session For MG Budget Reduction Proposals.

There will be a community listening session concerning current district budget reduction proposals this Saturday, February 19 from 9 to 11am in the Monona Grove Highschool IMC. You can find a list of the proposals here.

2 comments:

  1. There was almost no turn-out for this meeting, about three folks showed up who weren't Board members or administrators. I know it's a beautiful Saturday morning with alot going on in the area, but come on, folks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,

    I don't think people know what to think right now. To say there's "a lot going on" is a gross understatement. There were, like, 50,000 people protesting a few miles away and nobody knows where this headed. I think it's a bit much to expect people to focus on this district's situation when a much larger picture is unfolding. Besides, the list I saw somewhere didn't have the stuff on it that turns people out. You haven't proposed cutting art or music, raising class sizes, closing a school, etc. There was nothing on that list of the nature that gets people really jazzed up. We know you need to cut. How can anyone really argue with what we've seen so far?

    ReplyDelete