This blog represents my opinions and my opinions alone, and certainly doesn't represent the collective thoughts of any of the Boards or organizations that I serve on. Unfortunately I make all sorts of miistakes, I'm a picky eater, I can't sing and I just recently found out I have been spelling certain words in my vocabulary wrong my entire life. That being said, I still continue to muddle ever onward. Welcome.





Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Looking For Something For Your Booooorrrrred Kids To Do?

MG POMS Basketball Dance Camp - Grades K-8
Saturday January 22nd   9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Taylor Prairie Elementary School
Cottage Grove
Cost: $35, $40 day of Camp
Junior pomers will join Monona Grove's varsity dance teams to learn poms, hip hop and jazz techniques that they will use in a fun, choreographed, age-appropriate dance. The dance routine they learn in the camp will be performed during half time at the MG varsity basketball game on Friday, January 28
MG Day with the Silver Eagles - Grades K-8
Wednesday January 26th  1:00 to 3:00 pm
MG High School
Cost: $20
Looking for something to do on your early release from school? Sign up and meet the members of the Monona Grove Silver Eagles boys and girls basketball teams. Coach Zweifel and Coach Nelson will run a camp covering phases of the game, from passing to shooting and dribbling. Cost of registration includes a t-shirt!

Construct a Critter Wednesday January 26th 1:00 to 2:00 pm
Monona Community Center
Ages 3-8
Cost: $20
Create your very own stuffed animal! Children will hand stuff their very own animal complete with a birth certificate and make a wish on a rainbow star during the special wish ceremony. A fun story and tasty treat will make the day complete.

Call the Recreation Department at 222-4167 to register or register online at site below.
City of Monona Parks and Recreation
1011 Nichols Road
Monona, WI
53716
http://www.mymonona.com/

2 comments:

  1. Off topic (but cute baby), I see in Ms. Fox's recent board update the district plans on embarking on a strategic planning process without the involvement of the teachers? While I have little sympathy for the teachers' antics, doesn't it seem a little silly to form a mission and vision statement for Monona Grove and not include teachers in the process? What's the point? Don't we need the people who are actually teaching our kids to buy into this? And if we don't need that, then why is it important to do it in the first place? I assume that consultant isn't doing this for free....

    ReplyDelete
  2. While the MGEA has taken the position that the union will not participate, my understanding is that some teachers may participate individually.

    ReplyDelete