This blog represents my opinions and my opinions alone, and certainly doesn't represent the collective thoughts of any of the Boards or organizations that I serve on. Unfortunately I make all sorts of miistakes, I'm a picky eater, I can't sing and I just recently found out I have been spelling certain words in my vocabulary wrong my entire life. That being said, I still continue to muddle ever onward. Welcome.





Thursday, January 27, 2011

What's The Frequency, Kenneth? Cell Phone Towers As Revenue Sources?

Plans to build cell phone tower have been scrapped.

Updated from the Wisconsin State Journal:
“There’s been a lot of research into negative effects that can come from magnetic fields around cell towers,” Dougherty said. “The feeling is there’s not enough scientific evidence out there to make us, as parents, feel like they’re safe.”

Jenny Quinn, a Gompers parent who started Moms and Dads Against Cell Towers, said her group will continue to petition the district to keep cell towers off school property. “To subject our kids to these risks on a daily basis is insane,” Quinn said.

Read it here.

from http://www.channel3000.com/

Cell Phone Tower Proposed For Elementary School, Community Meeting About Proposal Thursday

 North side residents are trying to learn more about a project that could soon be towering over their neighborhood.

“What I want to do is find out all the information, what the entire community thinks," said school board member Marj Passman. She wants feedback on a proposed cell phone tower on a local school’s property.

The tower is being proposed for the land near Gompers Elementary and Blackhawk Middle Schools.

U.S. Cellular wants to build a 75 foot-tall flagpole cell tower, surrounded by an 8-foot wall. The tower would be located behind the schools, off Wheeler Road.

The school district would get needed revenue from U.S. Cellular as part of the deal.

"Why are we even bothering with this, why would we put a tower up there? Ah money," said Passman. "It gives money to the school system and in desperately needy times, every penny that comes in helps."

Read the rest of the article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment