This blog represents my opinions and my opinions alone, and certainly doesn't represent the collective thoughts of any of the Boards or organizations that I serve on. Unfortunately I make all sorts of miistakes, I'm a picky eater, I can't sing and I just recently found out I have been spelling certain words in my vocabulary wrong my entire life. That being said, I still continue to muddle ever onward. Welcome.





Friday, March 19, 2010

Banners Over Broadway


The Monona Family Attraction and Retention Committee has been working on a banner project for the Broadway corridor for longer than any of us would care to admit. This is one example of a double banner set that we are considering. We are thinking about including this design along with a similar design featuring our iconic gazebo, and alternating them throughout the year with a spring wetland image, a patriotic banner image from the Memorial Day parade through the Fourth Of July Festival, a harvest/autumnal themed image highlighting our Farmer's Market and Fall Festival and then rounding the year out with our snowflakes lights and a beautiful winter tree image. The committee seems to be in agreement with the selections and plans to send them in for approval of the final proposal and then for recommendation to the Finance and Personnel Committee. Pretty cool, especially considering we are coming in way under budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment