- Effective July 1, 2011, teachers will make a 50% contribution to their WRS.
- Effective September 1, 2011, teachers will pay 12.6% of their insurance costs.
- Salary schedule freeze, but with step and lane movement.
- The Board will have authority to control the district calendar.
- Teachers within five years of retirement will be grandfathered in to previous retirement benefit package; teachers not within this time frame will not have this benefit.
- Transfer language related to seniority is eliminated.
- Memo of understanding regarding class size guidelines is deleted.
Friday, March 11, 2011
Monona Grove Board Of Education Approves MGEA Contract Extension.
The Board approved a contract extension with significant modifications today at an emergency meeting. This extension was recommended for approval by Superintendent Gerlach as a bridge from where we've been as a district for decades to where we are going in these uncertain times. The extension includes these modifications to the recently ratified contract: