This blog represents my opinions and my opinions alone, and certainly doesn't represent the collective thoughts of any of the Boards or organizations that I serve on. Unfortunately I make all sorts of miistakes, I'm a picky eater, I can't sing and I just recently found out I have been spelling certain words in my vocabulary wrong my entire life. That being said, I still continue to muddle ever onward. Welcome.





Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Green Tuesdays At The Monona Public Library: Organic Gardening With Erin Schneider

From Natural Step Monona's Green Tuesdays Film and Lecture Series:

Next Tuesday, March 29 6:30 to 8pm: Introduction to Organic Gardening with Erin Schneider

Learn how to turn your yard into an "edible ecotopia" with a presentation from Erin Schneider, co-owner of Hilltop Community Farm, LLC, and a Fellow and Facilitator with the UW Office of Human Resource Development.
On tap: how to look at garden design from a systems perspective--from the ground up--and then design our backyards and gardens in the image of an ecosystem. Schneider will emphasize site preparation and sustainable garden design for urban areas. She'll also share ways to integrate perennials into a vegetable garden, information about plant guilds and plant community functions, and more tools for creating abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment