This blog represents my opinions and my opinions alone, and certainly doesn't represent the collective thoughts of any of the Boards or organizations that I serve on. Unfortunately I make all sorts of miistakes, I'm a picky eater, I can't sing and I just recently found out I have been spelling certain words in my vocabulary wrong my entire life. That being said, I still continue to muddle ever onward. Welcome.





Saturday, October 2, 2010

Milwaukee Public Schools And Teachers Union Reach Deal On Contract, Health Benefits

MPS, teachers union reach deal on contract
Health care switch to save district $50 million over 2 years
By Becky Vevea and Erin Richards of the Journal Sentinel

In a contract breakthrough that eluded the previous Milwaukee Public Schools administration, the teachers union leadership on Friday agreed to concessions on health benefits that will save up to $50 million over the next two years.
If the deal is ratified, members of the Milwaukee Teachers' Education Association will shift to a lower cost health plan and contribute to premiums under the terms of a tentative agreement running through June 30, 2013.

Read the rest of this story at JSOnline.

No comments:

Post a Comment